Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Love You Pittsburgh

Just wanted to share this video from a very good friend of mine from Pittsburgh that I have had the honor to get to know, Mike Travers. Remember that name, you will most definitely hear it again.  Mikes a very funny guy that I worked with for years in Columbus at America West Airlines, and consider one of my closets friends. One summer after we had left that job with the airline Mike, another very talented friend and musician Andy Hawk, and I took a trip up to South Bend, Kenosha,  and Chicago to watch Andy do some shows and get in some gigs our self. All three of us made a pledge as we sat on the waterfront of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, that if one of us makes it we all do. Well, it seems that we are all doing some pretty great things and I am proud of Mike and Andy. Mike had written a song about his hometown of Pittsburgh. And it was so well received in Pittsburgh that now it's part of a television campaign on KDKA there. So I wanted to share that video with all of you.

It's great isn't it?

And here's a great song by my buddy Andy Hawk called Chasing the Sun. he actually got the idea from a story I told him from my airlines days. I'll share that story another time, but in the meantime enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment