Sunday, January 6, 2013

The NHL Is Back

     When I awoke this early afternoon, it was noon, I groggily sat in front of my computer and turned it on. Not expecting anything exciting but the same random spam in my mailbox. As I entered my password for my Facebook page the first thing I see on my wall is a post from good friend, and Columbus Bluejackets beat writer for the Columbus Dispatch, Aaron Portzline that only stated "Got my job back today." I was in shock because that could only can mean one thing. I struggled typing www.dispatch.com as fast as I could to get the official word.  As the page came into view there it was on the front page, a picture so beautiful it made this fan tear up with tears of joy. Nationwide Arena with the caption, "NHL Lockout Over."


 Oh the most sweet sounding thing I have heard in a very long time. I'm not going to bore you with the details of the tentative ten year agreement. Or all the hard work that the league and the players are going to have to do to mend relations with an angry fanbase that have endured four work stoppages, two in four years,  the past twenty years. There are many fences to mend, I agree. No, I am going to tell you how I felt this morning (afternoon) as I read that beautiful article.



                           IT IS TIME!! GO BLUEJACKET'S!!

        


     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment